TO BUY ONE OF MY GOODIES

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Planting a Garden

I am so excited to finally get our garden ready to plant. I love fresh vegetables. I love to take my shoes off and just go barefoot in the freshly tilled dirt when I plant my seed.

 I remember when I was a little girl at home and we had to help plant the family garden. At the time I didn't like it but looking back now I can see exactly what my mom and dad was trying to teach us kids. The value of growing your own vegetables and the hard work of working the land. I love it. I love seeing the corn and the okra and the tomatoes and the beans and so on and so on, (lolo) start to grow and their little green sprouts shout up thru the dirt. I love seeing that. My daughter and I usually go out there every evening and look and see who can be the first to find the first sprout.

My daughter has decided that she wants her own little garden this year so we are going to let her plant some things of her own. She can't wait. I am excited for her.

We are headed over to the co-op this evening to pick up our seed.

Another thing that is a little different this year is that we have a sweet beagle puppy in our back yard. So having a garden this year is going to be a bit of a challenge. We are going to have to put up a fence around it just to keep him out of it.

So it may be a little interesting to say the least at what our garden will look like this year when it is all said and done.  I am hoping to have okra, tomatoes, green bean, sunflowers, peppers and maybe a few more things.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. It has just been gorgeous here. Today  was nearly 90 degrees. A little bit to hot for me in May.

God Bless
The Fullers

No comments:

Post a Comment