TO BUY ONE OF MY GOODIES

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scholarships and Grants for College

Well this post may be short because I have come down with a headache this evening. But I wanted to post and ask a question to all of those that read my blog.

 My son is in his first year of College. We tried last year to get a grant to help pay for his college but was turned down. We also tryed for a scholarship thru our local community college but was turned down for that to.

My question to all of you is this. Is there certain websites we can go to to get help. I know there are tons of website out there, I have looked at what seems like Thousands of websites for help on getting scholarships for my son but they are seem to be for a certain type. Say like if your going to be a Engineer or a Doctor, etc. Since this is his first year, he still hasn't really made up his mind on what he is going for, altho he has an idea.

If you have been thru this and can lead me in a direction that would be so helpful, I would appreciate it so very very much. Paying for college this year has been a very hard thing to do. We are so greatful that we were able to do it but if we can get some help, we would be
ever so greatful.

Right now we are trying to pass on Loans for college. We have some friends that have racked up some very high debt in college loans and they will be forever paying this off, and we are trying our best not to put our son thru that if at all possible.

I know that most college application are to be turned in by March so that is why I am trying my best to get this going now.

If you know of any information, please leave me a message in the comment section.

Thanks so much .

God Bless
 The Fullers

No comments:

Post a Comment