TO BUY ONE OF MY GOODIES

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Past

When I was a little girl , I just loved christmas time. I use to think it would never arrive. My mom and Dad didn't have alot of money but they had more Love than you could ask for.


My brother would go out in the wood and cut down our christmas tree every year. It would be the most beautiful tree that I ever did  see. He would bring it back and we would hunt up a bucket and lots of rocks and we would help him put it in there. Then we would water it and bring it in the house.


Then came the decorating. But from some reason I can't remember decorating the tree. I do remember that we had a record that had christmas songs on it and a old record player that we would put the record on and listen to the christmas song. We loved those songs. A few years ago I mention that old record and told my Mom that I wanted that then my sisters and Brother piped up and Said NO, they wanted it,lolo. So to this day my Mom still has it. Not sure who will end up with it. But those where the days, I tell ya. Memories, Love them


We didn't have stocking either to hang up. So mom and dad would put oranges and apples and nuts and a candy cane in a pile on our couch for each of us kids. There was 4 of us total 3 girls and 1 boy. We loved it. I think we would go that our pile of fruit before we open any christmas presents.


We would go to my Grandmothers on Christmas Eve every year and eat supper and that is when "Santa "would come. So when we got home we would open our presents from "Santa". After my Grandmother passed away that traditon stopped and Christmas was never the same after that.


We always get together with my family on Christmas eve. I remember the first year that my husband and I were married. We spent the night at my parents house on Christmas Eve and when we got up it has snowed. ( You see we don't get much snow here in Al). It was just beautiful. We still talk about that now, how pretty it was on our first christmas together as a married couple.


Tonight I am sure you will be spend time with family and friends. I hope that your making lots of wonderful memories . May God richly bless you in the new year. I hope that you will live your life for him each and every day. You will truly be blessed for it.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
The Fullers

No comments:

Post a Comment